Krakow In Three Days


So, as usual after some time off from blogging once again, due to finishing my MA, traveling to some more cool places in the world and applying for what seems to be over a thousand different design jobs, along with a slightly shakey start to this year, (She says nearly four months in),  I've decided that I need to re-focus and put my day to day life worries to the side for an hour or two a week to do something I love again... one of these being blogging!

When considering what to write about within my blogposts again, besides the obvious, fashion and my own personal projects (don't worry I'll fill you in on what I'm up to creatively over the next few weeks), I suddenly realised that I'd never really posted about another one of my one true loves in my life, travel, and whilst currently planning what I'm going to pack in my suitcase for Barcelona at the end of the month, I got to thinking about my first little city break of the year back in Feb to Krakow, Poland, (I also went to London for a few days in March, which I'll post up on the blog soon), I thought where better to start than with that!

Over the past few years I've done a lot of traveling and become some what of a "world traveler", or so my Dad states every time I enthusiastically tell him I've booked yet another holiday/getaway, but to be honest, Krakow or Poland for that matter, was never somewhere that I'd thought of going, I guess what I'm trying to say is it wasn't on my bucket list or anything like that, until doing some research, (I'm slowly running out of places to go for city breaks, so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated in the comments below!) and having a few people recommend Krakow, and let me tell you, it didn't disappoint! The views, the food, the vodka, everything was what I wanted from a quick city break and more.

We ended up flying out of East Midlands airport on a late Saturday afternoon, returning late the following Tuesday evening and stayed around a five minute walk from Krakow Old Town with a view of the Castle from our Apartment, which was called Apartewel and the whole trip cost us around 300 pounds each, 150 for the flights and apartment and then 150 spending money, which was more than enough, well unless you want fine dining every night, in which case take a little more, but I'm an easily pleased girl and a slice of pizza and chips will happily do me, or a Carbonara, all the carbs, haha!

Enjoying the cheap Vodka whilst waiting for my pizza, a little too much...

Whilst we were there we spend a lot of time in Old town Krakow, taking in the amazing architecture, drinking a fair bit of cherry vodka, which is a must try if you ever visit Krakow, or any part of Poland for that matter, I even tried out a cherry vodka hot chocolate whilst I was out there, and boy was it strong but very, very nice, and just generally having a good time! We also visited Aushwitz during our stay which was a surreal experience to say the least, but also another must when visiting Krakow.

All in all me and my travel buddy, Lucy, who I met back in 2015 when I did Camp America and ended up living out in Boulder Creek, California for a few months, (I know, how lucky was I!!!), and therefore has subsequently been my travel buddy ever since, had the best time, so listed below are a few places we would recommend going if you ever get to visit Krakow, or are currently planning  a trip out there!

*Aushwitz Tour - For all you History buffs out there.
*Wawel Castle - For those Instagram snaps.
*Restauracja Malecon - For Breakfast with a view - including the cherry vodka hot chocolate.
*Spageheteria Kalwaryjska 24 - For dinner with an atmosphere, cheap vodka and a cracking view of Old Town Square at night.
* Gorace Paczki - For the best donuts in Poland and a cure for your sweet tooth!

Auschwitz Gates

Wawel Castle
Enjoying a Polish donut, the salted caramel one comes highly recommended! 

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to seeing your city break recommendations :)

Jess xo

Comments

Popular Posts